I think that it is safe to say that 2021 and this decade will be one for the history books. It’s a strange sensation to be living in a time earmarked for history as it’s happening.
But what I do know is that love finds a way. And 2021 was all about reminding each other about what is truly important.
Year In Review
First off, I don’t know where I would be without the incredible couples who trusted me with their stories and chose to share parts of themselves with me. It is a monumental and humbling experience to be invited into people’s most vulnerable spaces to showcase the parts of themselves they want to remember forever.
I couldn’t have done any of it without these amazing couples. I am bursting with gratitude to each and every one of them for making 2021 my best year ever.
2020 At A Glance
- 42 Lovely couples photographed
- 22 Intimate weddings and adventurous elopements captured
- 9 Guest spots second shooting for other amazing photographers
- 13 Weddings successfully rescheduled to 2021 due to Covid-19
- 11 Engagement sessions photographed
- 2 Adventure sessions explored together
- October was the busiest month with 11 sessions and 5 weddings
- 16,961 KM driven
- 7,792 KM flown
- Edited 17,472 epic photos of couples
- Successfully rebranded to specialize in elopements and intimate weddings, and migrated my website to WordPress and launched a brand new site.
Some Big Goals Were Achieved in 2021
- Best year in business so far
- Permanent second photographer added to the team
- New bucket list country visited
- Added analog film cameras and movie cameras to my collection and photography services
- Inherited my parents’ AND my in-laws record collection
- Implemented Leave No Trace principles into my business for any and all outdoor weddings and elopements
- Set better boundaries for myself for work/life balance.
- Learned that you cannot live on coffee alone
- 10% of net income donated to Ecotrust Canada, Food Banks Canada, and Run for Rocky charities.
And Now For the Best Part…
Here are a few of my fav images from from some of my 2021 session!